- The Office of Finance and Administration would like to congratulate Amy Grubbs, William Davis, Heath Huovinen, Scott Curtner and Mark Davin on winning the 2015 Finance and Administration Award for Excellence.
- Cates Utility Plant earned a LEED Silver Certification as result of the recently completed Cates/Yarbrough Performance Contract.
- NC State was included in the Princeton Review’s 2014 Guide to 322 Green Colleges.
- NC State was awarded the Excellence in Promoting the Utilities Savings Initiative Principles Award at the NC Sustainability Energy Conference.
- Harlan Stafford is the current President of the local National Association of Industrial and Office Properties chapter.
- NC State won Association of Public and Land-grant Universities second annual Innovation and Economic Prosperity University Awards for Centennial Campus.
- NC State will join Partnership for a Healthier America to improve campus health. University Dining, Transportation, and Campus Recreation will lead the efforts.
- Campus Enterprises will host Southern Regional Conference of the National Association of College and University Food Service in March. 250-350 participants are expected from colleges and universities spanning from Florida to Oklahoma.
- University Dining is a bronze recipient in the National Association of College and University Food Services’ Sustainability Awards.
- Dan Adams has been selected to serve on the Education Foundation Board for the National Association of Campus Auxiliary Services.
- NC State’s Centennial Campus Named Top Economic Engine. APLU, the Association of Public and Land-grant Universities, announced the four winners of its second-annual Innovation and Economic Prosperity University Awards, including – in addition to NC State – Georgia Tech, the University of Massachusetts Boston and the University of Houston. Read more.
- NC State was selected for the 2014 Sustainability Award based on its sustainable practices, processes and leadership in facilities management, including maintenance and operations, energy and utility use, and planning construction. Read more.
- Michelle Anderson has received the University Awards for Excellence for her many accomplishments, including improvements made to the foreign national taxation program for more than 3,000 international employees at NC State.
- Mark Turner has been honored with the University Awards for Excellence for his heroic efforts to save his neighbor’s home from fire.
- The Office of Finance and Administration would like to congratulate Michelle Anderson, Stephanie Davis, Charlie O’Neill, Bill Stevenson, and Mark Turner on winning the 2014 Finance and Administration Awards for Excellence.
- Congratulations to the 2014 Finance & Administration Awards for Excellence Nominees. See the list of nominees and read their nominations here.
- Barb Carroll, Associate Vice Chancellor for Human Resources, has been selected as the Chair-Elect for the CUPA-HR National Board. CUPA-HR is the leading national organization for university human resource officers.
- Facilities Division wins Sir Walter Raleigh Award for Community Appearance for the Polk Hall “Heat Ventilation” Garden
- Facilities Division wins APPA’s 2013 Effective & Innovative Practices Award for its Leadership 360 pilot with Organizational Training & Development, “Management Feedback and Coaching Initiative”
- Three from Finance & Administration win NC State University Awards for Excellence: Lisa Johnson, Office of the University Architect; Anthony Sanders, University Bookstores; Eva Telles, Environmental Health and Public Safety
- National Association of Campus Card Users awards WolfPack One Card Best Website
- Lonnie Poole Golf Course receives Audubon International Signature Golf Sanctuary certification, is 1 of only 2 university-owned golf courses to earn the certification worldwide
- Rave! Catering wins Gold Award for Best Online Catering Menu by National Association of College & University Food Services
NC State University wins the following City of Raleigh Environmental Awards:
- Sullivan Shops III, the first NC State University project to obtain LEED Silver certification, wins the Natural Resource Conservation Award.
- NC State University Dining receives the Pioneering Efforts Award for the “My Roots are at NC State” campaign which has enabled University Dining to purchase 28% of food locally.
- The Raleigh Environmental Stewardship Award is presented to NC State University for its work to create a sustainable campus for students, faculty, staff, and the surrounding community. In the past decade, campus water use decreased 43 percent and energy use dropped 13 percent. Nearly half of campus waste is diverted from landfills and almost one-third of food in campus dining halls comes from local sources.
- University Dining wins Grand Goldie from Food Service Director Magazine for Dining Best Practices