Office of Finance and Administration
2020 Awards for Excellence Winners
The NC State University Awards for Excellence is the most prestigious honor
bestowed upon non-faculty employees. This program recognizes contributions
that are above and beyond an employee’s normal job responsibilities.
NC State’s current operational status has given us an opportunity to be
innovative and present the awards digitally. Attached is a video
presentation of the Awards for Excellence for the Office of Finance and
Administration. We are planning an in-person celebration as soon as safety
protocols allow. Details will be provided at a later date.
This year the committee received a record number of nominees, with 51
nominations. With so many inspiring nominees, it was difficult to select
the final six winners. Please recognize all of the deserving nominees
within your unit; they represent the best of North Carolina State
All nominees will receive a certificate and a pin. The award winners will
receive an engraved clock, 8 hours of paid time off and $250. The Office of
Finance and Administration winners are also nominated for the campus-wide
NC State University Awards of Excellence.
The 2020 Awards for Excellence winners for the Office of Finance and
- Lesley Schatz, Research and Development Chef with NC State Dining,
for Customer Service.
- Santos Mendez, Vehicle Equipment Operator and Mechanic with Waste
Reduction and Recycling, for Efficiency and Innovation.
- Hope Carolette Sidney, Housekeeper with University Housekeeping, for
- Conner Hartis, Detective with the NC State Police Department, for
Outstanding State Government Service.
- Andrew Shillingburg, Officer with the NC State Police Department,
for Safety & Heroism.
- Catherine Phillips, Director of Operations, Analysis and Planning
with the Office of Finance and Administration, for Efficiency & Innovation.
It has been our pleasure to review these nominations and we look forward to
next year’s awards.
Finance and Administration
Awards for Excellence Committee