NC State’s Awards for Excellence are the most prestigious honor bestowed upon non-faculty employees, recognizing employee contributions that are above and beyond an employee’s normal job responsibilities. This past year has been extraordinary, and we are proud of our outstanding Finance and Administration employees who have exceeded expectations during a challenging year. Thank you for your perseverance, dedication, ingenuity and hard work!
The Finance and Administration Awards for Excellence ceremony occurred May 3, 2022 with both an in-person event at Talley Student Union and live streaming of the ceremony. This year, the Finance and Administration Awards for Excellence Committee received 37 nominations across five Finance and Administration divisions: Campus Enterprises, Environmental Health and Public Safety, Facilities, Finance, and University Human Resources.
Six nominees were recognized as Finance and Administration Award for Excellence winners, and will advance to the NC State Awards for Excellence program. These six award recipients will receive a certificate, engraved clock, 8 hours of paid time off, and $250.
To watch the recorded 2022 Finance and Administration Awards for Excellence Ceremony, please click here.
Please join us in congratulating the following 2022 Awards for Excellence winners for the Office of Finance and Administration:
- Melanie Butler, Project Manager/Engineer, Capital Projects Management, Facilities – Customer Service
- Raven Evans, Lead Staffing Specialist, University Human Resources – Human Relations
- Libby Hueschen, Customer Service Specialist, Business Services, Facilities– Spirit of North Carolina
- Chris Lemons, Endowment Accountant, Foundations Accounting and Investment, Finance– Efficiency and Innovation
- Stephen Smith, Public Safety Officer, NC State Police Department, Environmental Health and Public Safety– Safety and Heroism
- Jimmy Wright, Director of Facilities Operations and Planning, Campus Enterprises – Public Service
For a full write-up of these amazing employees with accompanying images, please click here.
Please join us in thanking the 2022 Finance and Administration Awards for Excellence Committee for their time and efforts to coordinate the nominations process, evaluate nominees, select winners and conduct the awards ceremony.
We are proud of all of our 1400 full time employees, 1,000 temporary employees and 2,000 student employees who encompass Finance and Administration at NC State University. Congratulations!